Running Time: 150min
Film Year: N/A
Category: Florida Focus
The CinemaSlam competition aims to discover, showcase, and celebrate the work of undergraduate and graduate students in Miami/South Florida film schools. This year, CinemaSlam received many high level applications, making the selection process hard work for us! Students from University of Miami, Miami Dade College, Florida International University, Miami International University of Art & Design and the Center of Cinematography Arts and TV have submitted short films this year.
Here the list of finalists for CinemaSlam 2016:
– January´s Waiting – by Denise de la Vega (Miami Dade College)
– Vicenta and Hospitalito – by Ronnie Khalil (University of Miami)
– Hollow Bodies – by Andrew Garcia (with producers enrolled at Miami Dade College and Florida International University)
– Anaphora – by Ursula Canovas (Center of Cinematography Arts and TV)
– The Raise of Karina – by Stéphanie Bauduhin (Miami International University of Art & Design)
– Fade In, Fade Out – by Marvin Aguado (Miami Dade College)
– Ruby – by Isaac Mead-Long (University of Miami)
– I Want to Beat Up Clark Peters – by Joseph Picozzi (University of Miami)
– Valet – by Christine Vorsteg (Miami International University of Art & Design)
– Bicycle Thief – by José Cervantes and Alexandra Jordan (Florida International University)
Finalists will compete for the Sara Fuller scholarship – a $500 (USD cash) prize courtesy of Film Florida – and the following awards:
– Miami CinemaSlam Champion 2016
– Best Director
– Best Actor
– Best Actress
– Best Drama
– Best Documentary
– Best Technical Achievement
In addition, the audience will determine the 2016 CinemaSlam Audience Award Winner, which will be announced during Miami Film Festival’s OPENING NIGHT PARTY.
The event is scheduled for March 4th from 7 pm to 9:30 pm at MDC’s Tower Theater.
Congratulations to all the finalists!
Friday March 4th @ 7:00pm MDC’S TOWER THEATER (THEATER 1) Add to Schedule